Many people expect the voice of God to boom like a loudspeaker, but scripture tells us that He speaks in a still, small voice. To us, it seems like an impression inside.
We think, “I know I should go visit my parents. I know I shouldn’t eat so many sweets. I know I should stay home and do my schoolwork.” The “I knows” are God talking to you. Don’t ignore it. Learn to be quick to obey.
A lot of times we know what we should do, but we make excuses and reason it out. “I’ll do it later. I’m busy now.” But, we have to understand God doesn’t ask us to do it for His sake. He asks us to do it for our own sake. I’ve learned that before God will release big blessings, He will give you small tests. Too often we dismiss it and think, “Oh, that’s no big deal.” But if you don’t pass these small tests, it will keep you from the big things God has in store.
Today, don’t put off the little things that you know you should be doing any longer. Take a step of faith and obey Him. As you’re faithful in the little things and pass the small tests, He’ll lead you into the greater things He has in store for you.
So that’s a weird list. Where did it come from? Here’s where you can read more about the changes we might see in the years to come:
- These studies say crime will rise when people are hot and bothered.
- If you want to get even more freaked out, here’s more on violence.
- Animals might get it on more, but we’re not so sure about humans.
- This whole climate thing is a big mental burden, according to these people.
- A study says we’ll get lazier, but don’t try that excuse on your boss.
- And let’s all hope that this study isn’t prophetic.
- Here’s why climate change might be the end of sea turtles. We’re too upset to read it.
- And if you’re mourning the real-life Pokémon, read this and this and end with this.
- Remember how everything is melting? That could affect trade like this and this.
- Siberia might explode. Let’s hope it doesn’t.
- It’s really not the best time to buy a house on the water.
- And finally, we might stop buying tons of crap. Hallelujah.
You’ve probably seen the powerful United Nations Women campaign demonstrating how sexism and misogyny are apparent even in Google searches. The United Nations Free & Equal initiative is running a similar campaign showing what people Google about gays. Yep; we’ve got work to do. (via UN Free & Equal)